7/27/08

Sunday repost: Grateful for 2007

This post was written in the beginning of 2008. I need some reminders of what I am grateful for...I'm thinking that I will start a regular post one day a week with a gratitude list.

Thinking about another year passed...many wonderful things happened in 2007 and I want to have a memory of them:

-Andrew "graduated" preschool and started kindergarten in a "typical" classroom.

-We FINALLY got an OFFICIAL PDD-NOS diagnosis for Andrew.

-Zachary played baseball and Kirby and I were able to help coach the team.

-Zach's team also won all but one game.

-We moved!!!!

-We LOVE Andrew's aide and his teacher.

-Zachary's teacher is a PERFECT match for him - she totally gets him - we are SO blessed to have her.

-Tommy took driver's ed.

-My sister and her husband have "passed" all their adoption paperwork/background checks and we are officially awaiting the arrival of a baby!

-Alex got engaged to Andrea - man, we have been waiting!

-We spent some great time with James (my "big brother" from NYC) and his family over the summer.

-Zachary raised over $200 for children's cancer research with his lemonade stand over the summer.

-Zachary, Josiah, Leana and I raised over $800 for breast cancer research.

-We have made it through an entire year without a single SERIOUS sick visit for either of the boys - and no hospital stays or surgeries!!

-We spent a great long weekend up at the family camp.

-Kirby and I met and shook hands with a presidential candidate.

-Zachary was able to meet and shake hands with a presidential candidate.

-We made it through a full year without Kirby having to go to the ER :)

-My business is thriving and I survived my first year!

-Although my father's wife, Sue, was diagnosed with breast cancer, it was found early and her chances of beating it are VERY high (we appreciated any prayers for her surgery on January 9th).

-I reconnected with old friends from high school.

-My grandfather celebrated his 80th birthday and is still in, relatively, good health.

-We have a WONDERFUL neighbor whom we will miss horribly when she moves in March!

-Allyson had a healthy baby girl.

-I have WONDERFUL, AMAZING friends, especially Nicki, who took our "mutt" when we moved to a "no dogs allowed" place. We were all so relieved to know he was going to a good home.

-Andrew has made some amazing friends around town from Dunkin Donuts to the bank to the post office and everywhere in between. We have met some truly wonderful and understanding people who love my little man.

-Kirby and I got to see Oprah!!

-I have made some great new friends.

-I have gotten involved in a political campaign and I am having a great time with it!

While I am sure there are a million more things, this is what I am able to come up with right now. I may continue adding to this as the week goes on.

It is bittersweet to see another year end. I heard some young women (VERY early 20s) talking about how time flies recently. I told them that until they have children, they have NO idea how fast time flies...it is bittersweet to watch them grow and to know that, soon enough, they will not want me around anymore. Soon enough, they will be having children of their own. Soon enough, I won't have anyone waking me in the middle of the night to say I love you. Bittersweet....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is good to remember the good things... thanks for the reminder!