So I have been doing some serious thinking about my 10 most life altering songs. Honestly, I don't know that I can narrow it down to 10 but here goes nothing:
1) Solsbury Hill - Peter Gabriel. I have posted before that this song reminds me of my brothers. I am not sure the reason...but I love the song.
2) Anna Begins - Counting Crows. There is something about the passion in this song that can make me cry immediately.
3) Lose Yourself - Eminem. Most people immediately turn from Eminem. If you take a minute to listen to the lyrics (okay, not all, but at least these lyrics) you will see that there is something so much deeper. This song is about fulfilling a dream, taking care of a family and learning how to make it work.
4) My Immortal - Evanescence. Ugh. I think this is my anthem right now. Never mind that the song is haunting...but the words, the passion...perfect. Exactly my thoughts and feelings (at least today).
5) IF - Janet Jackson. Nothing better to dance to. That Janet - she rules!
6) Boxer - Simon and Garfunkel. It is an intensely moving song about a boy coming of age.
7) One Headlight - The Wallflowers. This song reminds me of simpler times. A summer when all I had to worry about was getting caught "parking" behind the elementary schools in Rochester. A summer full of passion and love (even if it was nothing but teenage love). In an instant it will bring me back.
8) I Run for Life - Melissa Etheridge. I love the passion for life in this song. She survived and she isn't letting anything get in her way. Such strength!
9) Santeria - Sublime. Because I want to "pop a cap in Sancho and I'd slap her down"...well, not really. Seriously though, if you aren't familiar with Sublime they are well worth checking out. A bit vulgar, catchy beat (Ska maybe)...no longer, however, the lead singer died of an overdose.
10) Dance Monkey - Sage Francis. I warn you, this song is not for those easily offended. I freaking love it. I went to a Sage Francis show and it was, possibly, one of the most terrifying experiences of my life - they are scary. But it was such an awesome scare. This song makes me move and if you check out my myspace page you can see a great video of Christopher Walken dancing to it...HYSTERICAL!
So there you go, my top 10. I don't know that it is actually my top 10 but more like 10 of the top songs. I don't know how many there are - music is vital to my life therefore, I end up with a lot of songs that mean something to me (or I just like for whatever reason).
Tell me your top 10. Help me expand my MP3!