Today is the first day of our family vacation to camp. I wish I could tell you that I am blogging as we sit by the lake and enjoy the kiddos fishing...but I am not. Actually, what I am doing is blogging in the future - or would it be the past....You see, camp has no internet, no cable, no cell service - NOTHING! So, this post is actually being written in preparation for my vacation.
A bit about camp:
My uncle passed away about 9 years ago and his brothers (my father and my two uncles) took over his land and cabin in ME.
At that point in time there was no indoor plumbing...but there was an outhouse. Thankfully the women in the family put up enough of a stink that the boys did put in indoor plumbing.
It is a small cabin on an ENORMOUS piece of land that includes a good amount of lake property. There are few neighbors and even they are so far away that we could scream till the cows came home and they would never hear us. The land is so large that last year we got lost while hiking it (there were a few insane moments...I will save that story for another blog).
The lake is small, the fishing is tough but the kids have a blast.
I love that place.
It is too far for us to make the trek up regularly (it is about 6 hours from here but with two kids in the car the drive can easily turn into 8). In fact, in the 9 years since the brothers have owned it I have only been up twice.
Last year we decided to make it a yearly event. It was so much fun and such an inexpensive trip I couldn't see why not.
So, today, by the time you are reading this we should have arrived. We should have left very late last night (or very early this morning), made the trek while the kiddos were still sleeping, and arrived as the sun came up.
I won't be able to respond to comments and visit all my favorite blogs but bear with me....I will be back in full swing sometime next week. I have enough blogs written and scheduled to last through our time away so be sure to come back and visit!!
I can't wait to share all about our exciting adventures!
And, of course, it is Thursday (well, not really, but it IS, right?). Since I am doing this, almost, a week in advance bear with me :)
1) I am thankful that Kirby and I did not kill each other on either the ride to or from the zoo...and nobody was thrown into the Tiger's habitat.
2) I am thankful that we did not lose A at the zoo :)
3) I m thankful that we were able to see Josiah and spend some time with him. (Keep your eyes out for a post all about the zoo later on this week).
4) I am thankful for the rain. Because, honestly, it has rained for about 4 weeks and there is NO POSSIBLE way it can continue for our trip to camp...right?!
5) I am thankful for the white "punchbuggy" that has been sitting in the parking lot across the street for about a month now. Because A gets such a charge out of it every time we walk by (he has a thing for Herbie the Lovebug).
6) I am thankful that Mom took Z for a couple nights over the weekend. A is much better behaved without Z and vice versa.
7) I am thankful for Poland Spring Seltzer water because it makes it much easier to keep up with my water intake!
8) I am thankful that I did not break anything when I took a MAJOR fall down the stairs this week...home alone...at night...SCARY! (I am okay, think I may have chipped my tailbone but it feels MUCH better today than yesterday).
9) I am thankful for some amazing friends....I think I say this every week and I promise you it is NOT enough! They truly are amazing!
10) I am thankful that our Autism Awareness day will be August 23rd and almost over. Don't get me wrong...I have LOVED planning this and honestly LOVE the women that I am planning it with. It has been a lot of hard work and I am ready for it to be over.
11) I am thankful that I have all my blogs pre written and ready to posted during my vacation. I can't wait to come home and see all the comments!
12) I am thankful for good music than can help me drown out the world, sleep at night and get my groove on.
13) I am thankful that my life is good. There are rough times but I know that I will always make it through. Considering where I could be...my life is darn good!