8/1/08

And the big talk starts rolling in...

I was visiting with a friend the other day. I am going to call her Jelly (not because her name is Jelly or even her nickname...but I would rather not reveal my sources).

Jelly tells me that she was on the phone with someone from my town who wanted to chat all about me. Jelly, who knows everything, decided to pretend she had no idea what was going on. I have to assume it went something like this:

Townie who knows nothing of my life and conjures up truths to make everything sound much more interesting (we'll just call her Townie): "Did you hear about what is going on with her?"

Jelly: "No, what do you mean?"

T: "It is just so sad..."

J: "What?"

T: "Well, her husband left her for another woman, you didn't know?"

J: "No, I haven't heard that."

T: "It's just so sad, her having two autistic kids and all."

J: "Two?"

T: "Well, yeah, you didn't know?"

......

And this is where I have to assume that Jelly set her straight.

Freaking hysterical! Townie barely knows me. We have met a couple times through school and through a friend of a friend of a...well, you get the idea.

I told the person that I assume Townie got the information from. What cracks me up is the is NOT what I told that person. So either Townie feels the need to embellish the story (because it really isn't all that interesting) or the person I told felt the need to embellish (again, because it really isn't all that interesting and it would just be silly to pass along otherwise WORTHLESS information).

So those of you that may wonder why I posted THIS blog...wonder no more. The talk will ensue, I am sure this is just the beginning.

For those of you that wonder why I have started telling my clients...wonder no more. I know that they know (or will soon enough). I want to be the one they hear it from.

If you haven't heard the honest truth of the situation from me, well, it isn't all that interesting anyway...just listen to the townies, their stories are much better!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

People love what they think is juicy gossip. Unfortunately, they fail to stop and realize that this is someone and someone's life they are talking about.

Glad you are standing up for yourself and setting the record straight. Ignore all the small minded people.

WheresMyAngels said...

I don't even live in a small town, yet I swear it was all out there. My older daughters school was the worst of it. I kept the girls in that school til the end of the year but if I would of known earlier the stuff that was being said, I would of moved them to the school in our new area. An aide finally told me after the kids left.

Big Cyber hugs!

Jessi said...

Unbelievable. Wanna put a potato in their tailpipe? ;)

Anonymous said...

I think that most people don't realize that when they gossip and spread rumors (or otherwise participate in negative talk about others) they not only cast negative energy out to the person they're gossiping about, but they cast that negative energy onto themselves as well(in Kabbalah, it's called the "evil eye.")

I know it's easy for me to say, but don't let that get to you. You know the real deal, and so do the people that matter to you. They'll move onto another topic soon enough.

"The Queen in Residence" said...

I think in gossip you find out who you can trust and who to avoid. I personally hate it and avoid those that engage in it.
I am sorry that you are teh town gossip and hope that it will not hurt your family further.
I do like the idea of the potato in the tailpipe though.....