9/18/08

Nesting?

Yesterday was a day of housecleaning for me. The boys and I cleaned the bedroom, the bathroom, the living room, a closet and the kitchen. By 10pm I was exhausted and Kirby was FREAKING out...

"I've only seen you act this way two other times in your life", he said. Those "two other times" resulted in Z and A. He is a nervous wreck. I think it is hysterical. I told you all I wasn't a housekeeper - now you know how honest I was being :)

Honestly, I am not pregnant (god help me). I am going through a fall cleaning phase. That's it. I am tired of the clutter and I have begun to realize that clutter in my home makes clutter in my brain - and I don't have enough empty brain space to be filling it with such trivial things.

I have also realized that my 18 year-old step son (who does not pay money for rent but does the major chores in the house instead) is getting ready to move out and somebody has to be responsible for those things. I can't expect that Z is ready (although he BELIEVES that he can do dishes...the grime he leaves in the glasses leads ME to believe otherwise). Kirby honestly does so much (he works full time, comes home to prepare meals, baths kids and gets them to bed) that leaves me...so I better get on board.

Yesterday's "fun breaks" really worked. I just need to remember to take them myself too - and to keep my MP3 player with fresh batteries. I also need to remember that if I keep up with it I won't have a HUGE mess to deal with...

So this morning I made the bed, picked up the dirty clothes Kirby left on the floor, took the glasses of water out of the bedroom, started some laundry and started my day...It is just a matter of working it into my schedule.

And if Kirby keeps freaking out about my "nesting" I am going to highly encourage him to hire the housekeeper I have been begging for!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It gets so much easier to keep up with the cleaning once you make it part of your routine. I'm trying to stay in the habit myself, now that we are in a new apartment with a baby on the way... but it's contrary to my nature! Good luck with it!

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so glad you're in a cleaning mood! Would you like to come out for a visit and do a little for me? I'd love to have you for a visit!

Jessi said...

You best not be "with child" because I fully intend on "dranking" with you when we go see NKOTB...