9/25/08

I've lost it all....

I seriously have the ability to lose anything and everything that is important to me. Nicki jokes that she should tie my MP3 player to me...but this time it is much more serious!

I had a client pay me in cash last night (I LOVE cash). Handed me $100 bill for an hours work (have I told you lately that I love my job). I put the bill in my schedule where I put all my earnings...

IT IS NOT THERE!

A few things could have happened. I could have dropped it at work. I could have dropped it while walking to the house from the car. Or, the worst and what I hate to even think about, Z could have taken it.

That kid loves things that are not his own. He loves showing off for friends. He tends to slip out of the house in the morning with some treasure or another in his pocket - more often than not they do not belong to him.

I can only hope and pray that IF he has it and he IS showing it off, that a teacher sees him and lets me know...before it ends up in the hands of someone it shouldn't....

So now I sit here, waiting for the laundry to finish so I can take a shower and start the search.

Until then I pray, the prayers that I always pray when something is lost:

St. Anthony, St. Anthony
Please come down
Something is lost
And can't be found

or

Dear St. Anthony, I pray
Bring it back, without delay.

or

Something's lost and can't be found
Please, St. Anthony, look around.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me know if St Anthony has your back b/c if it works, I'm totally going to call on him for some help myself!

Seriously, hope you find the $--that sucks!

Anonymous said...

Oh that's awful! There's nothing worse than losing money! I "lose" my debit card all of the time. Lets hope it's around there somewhere!

Nicki said...

Did you find it?