9/12/10

Maybe a reintroduction?

I am having a hard time figuring out how to restart the blog...

It's been so long and now I remember why I stopped. I got "writer's block" (or, perhaps, "blogger's block"?). I couldn't figure out how to keep going. Sure my kids are hysterically funny, yes there is plenty of drama to share and, positively, I know how to write about these things and put a certain spin on it to make it even funnier or dramatic (no, I do not have any sense of self confidence..). But, I had lost my flair. And, maybe, I just need to weasel it out of myself.

So, maybe today we will have a bit of a reintroduction.

Kirby and I have been together for 12 years in October. Together we have raised his two children (who are off on their own now), we have had two boys of our own, 10 and 8, (who play a starring role in this blog) and now we are raising his daughter's daughter as well, 2 (and, I am certain she will take a starring role as well).

We live in the downtown area of a small town in New England and adore it. Everybody knows everyone (which has it's downfalls), my kids (and I) get away with NOTHING (because the gossip spreads like wildfire), we are within walking distance of anything we could want or need. But, most importantly for us, the school system is amazing (our youngest son has an autism spectrum disorder).

Our life is busy. Kirby recently started driving bus for the school district, I run my own massage business and we are raising 3 children (how did THAT happen?!). Lately, we are encountering life problems that we never thought we would have to deal with...I guess that is where the blog will start.

Keep an eye on this...we have a roller-coaster of a ride!

No comments: