1/21/09

Drama!!

I have come to realize that the networking sites (like Facebook and MySpace) do one thing well: FEED DRAMA.

So if you are wondering if you should join either site (because EVERYONE is doing it) and you don't deal well with drama...perhaps you should reconsider.

I left high school well over 10 years ago and wouldn't go back if you paid me. I certainly don't want the drama that I left behind infiltrating my life today.

I know who my real friends are, I don't need Facebook or MySpace to remind me or to tell me what they are doing every minute of every day.

So I'm taking a break from all things drama related. It's not worth it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen to this.

I only accept friend invites on Facebook from people that I would genuinely call friend. If I wouldn't invite them over for dinner, haven't talked to them in years, or only consider their offer because I'm curious about "what ever happened to...", then I just refuse the invite. It means I have a small friend list, but I'm not trying to impress anyone and it keeps things smooth :]

WheresMyAngels said...

Oh I am sorry. I have had no luck finding people on those sites that I have went to school with. One person on Myspace did find me. But otherwise most of my friends on their are bloggy ones or parents of kids with down syndrome.

Oh but I freaking almost forgot. I did let three people add me that I work with. One woman just took me off as a friend and I asked her why. She told me that something was up and she would add me back later. Now how odd is that.