6/17/08

Too many happenings, not enough pictures!

First off, we bought a new camera. The old one...well, you know, took crappy photos, was over 2 years old and, most recently, took a dunk in the river.

Unfortunately, I no longer have possession of the camera. Kirby has taken a new love of photography and the camera stays with him. He also has been too stinking lazy to upload the pictures of the past week...which means no photo blogging for me >:( (that's me, really angry - but I can't show you that because KIRBY HAS POSSESSION OF THE CAMERA AND HASN'T LOADED THE NEW SOFTWARE IN AND HASN'T LOADED UP THE NEW PICTURES YET EITHER).

A quick update on the MANY happenings of this past week and a half:

Tom turned 18. Holy crap. Way to make me feel old, Tom, thanks!

Tom graduated high school. So, if turning 18 wasn't bad enough, we added a graduation to the mix. I laughed, I cried...I was completely selfish and thought only about how old he makes me feel...great day! Seriously though, I am incredibly proud of him. He has worked very hard and is the first offspring to make it!

Baseball season is over. Thank freaking GOD! I am SO done with baseball. I have decided that working with the team (and the crappy parents who scream at their kids the whole game or ignore them and allow them to act like complete hellians) is not for me. Next year I will not be volunteering. I am sure there are a few cheers from the peanut gallery - go ahead and cheer I am cheering right along with you!

My office is going through a complete revamp! New paint, new furniture, new attitude. We will be having an open house at the end of the month and I am SO excited to show the place off!! The painter is less than neat...but he did a really great job on my walls (and the carpet and the tables...ugh). He promises that the mess will be cleaned up today...let's hope!

This weekend we are throwing a huge surprise party for Tom's birthday and graduation. Of course, today he got a job and the first thing they did was schedule him for Saturday. Being a surprise I couldn't tell him. So, I had to call his boss and be all like "this is Tommy's mommy and I'm really sorry but he has a family event this weekend and can't come into work on Saturday." He seemed cool...but Tom may kill me if he ever finds out.

That's it, that's all, folks. Someday I will take possession of the camera back and my blogs will, once again, become much more interesting. It's going to take a few weeks for my ADHD "husband" to lose his interest in the camera...bear with me!

6 comments:

Nicki said...

awww sorry you don't have the camera, steal it back while he is putting the license plate on the car haha. Hope the party is GREAT this weekend and congrats to Tom!

KatBouska said...

You do sound busy!! How fun to plan a surprise party...I wonder if he's on to you...

ps There you go being all "honest" about your feelings for Dooce. Actually it's nice to hear someone tell the truth. Dooce is hilarious and I love her. I'm glad you do too and you don't shoot smoke up my you know what just to make me feel good about myself.

I like you.

Crazy Momma said...

Tom is totally on to us in regards to the party. I do believe that his girlfriend spilled the beans...grrrr!

Dooce and Mama Kat are so different but so equally good. :) Glad to hear you are good with the honesty!

Nicki, I know you will be amazed, the wire tie worked! Shocking, I know...

As far as the camera, he brought it in last night, uploaded the pictures (keep your eyes peeled) and took off with it again this morning...I think it is time to get crafty!

Jessi said...

Wow... I can't wait to see the new office... when is the open house. We should come down and check it out.

Congrats to Tom!

Tell Kirby we want pictures!!!

Sometimes Sophia said...

...and what brand of camera did you settle upon?? Your photos look great BTW!

Crazy Momma said...

We ended up getting a FugiFilm FinePix S1000 - Nicki has one and I fell in love...of course, Kirby was the ultimate decision maker :)