5/27/08

Canoes on Salmon Falls

Turns out I wasn't the only one to take an unintentional dip in the Salmon Falls river yesterday.

Although I didn't join them, a number of my family members canoed up river yesterday. During the trip Dad took a bit of a spill into the river. I'm sure it was a bit of a scary moment...but it sure was funny to hear about afterwards.

My irrational fear of my children near open water kept me away (as well as my horror at climbing into a canoe at this weight)...now I am wishing I had made it. If for nothing else but to have witnessed my father's dip - evil, I know.

Sue was awesome and sent some great photos from the day.

Photobucket

Christian trying to catch some fish
Photobucket

Monica, Steve and Thanny
Photobucket


Photobucket

Dad and Loren

Photobucket

Dad and Sue
Photobucket


Dad and Thanny (on a side note, I wonder how long Nathaniel will allow us to call him Thanny...)
Photobucket

Steve
Photobucket

Than in an inner tube
Photobucket

And in the kayak
Photobucket

Than and Monica
Photobucket


Photobucket

1 comment:

Jessi said...

This looks like a good time! What a gorgeous weekend! I have never done the Salmon Falls, I should make it a point.