5/7/08

Eating to fuel

After reading Nicki's suggested site (www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml) I have decided it can't be all that hard. What's 60 seconds of running, right?

Don't get me wrong, I know it will be hard and all those things I mentioned yesterday will happen. I will jiggle and breath heavy (if you haven't had the chance to read about my last encounter with working out, check it out here: http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=86633357&blogID=260109458&Mytoken=64EFF953-F8D7-4763-9F1B37E41204CAA326038130 - there is some language in there that I would never use here, just beware). However, I will not die. This will not kill me. I will survive!

So, I have scheduled myself for 3 nights of running 3 days a week through July - literally - I wrote it down in my planner. If I don't schedule it, it won't happen. I will schedule around it, I will find reasons I don't have to do it...so I write it in. 8pm, Monday, Wednesday and Friday - from now until July - starting next Monday (there is no way it is going to happen this week - especially not with the auction happening).

Next stop: Jog Bra. Any suggestions? Alex? Hehe, just kidding :)

And, most importantly, I need to eat for fuel. There is no way I am going to be able to run like this on DD's donuts and ice cream. My diet needs a complete revamp. More protein, less sugar and simple carbs...oh man, I love my BJ's (you know, Ben and Jerry's), I love my Lindt chocolates (thank YOU auction)...I am a sugaraholic - no joke.

I can do this. It is not like I have never done this before. It is not like I don't know how to do this. Of all people, I am a PRO at knowing how to do this. Holding myself accountable...that is a different story...

No comments: