3/23/09

TMI

I am sure you all are just dieing to hear this, so I will forewarn you, there is a bit of TMI in here but I just need to get it off my chest.

I think that yeast infections are God's way of seeing what kind of limits you can be pushed to. I think it is his way of testing your strengths and seeing how far you will go...

Having said that, if I have not proven myself by now I am terrified of what his next test of strengths may be.

I have, yet another, yeast infection. It's not like I have these once a week but often enough. I am so sick and tired of them.

When I was pregnant with Andrew I had a never ending cycle of them. I had a bacterial infection that I treated that then turned into a yeast infection (cause an antibiotic kills ALL bacteria including the good stuff that eats yeast) and he cycle continued until I gave birth.

I have also decided that there is nothing more erotic than cottage cheese and burning itchies. I know - the gross factor just jumped about 100 feet. Seriously though, Kirby is STILL not working (not for lack of trying), my schedule is not a jam packed (due to both the economy and the season...give me a couple months)...why not take advantage of it? Well, GOD had different ideas.

I know there are a number of contributing factors. My diet is not great (something that has only gotten worse since Kirby has been home - EVERY DAY, ALL DAY for OVER A MONTH), I am not getting as much exercise (I was walking to work for a while but now they are doing road work and the road I use to get there is closed) and my stress level is a little high (have I mentioned that Kirby has been home FOR OVER A MONTH?!?!). So those are things I need to work on.

In the meantime, if you have any natural advice, that doesn't include something oozing out of me for the next four days, I will gladly accept it.

Have I disgusted you enough for a Monday afternoon??

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, as long as we are getting down & dirty ...
Here goes.

I used to get yeast infections all.the.fucking.time.

It was ridiculous. My gyn told me (prepare yourself) to stop wearing panties. Not kidding. More air down there means less chance of moisture being "trapped" which means less chance of a yeast infection.

It won't get RID of your yeast infection - you need medication for that. BUT - I swear to you I stopped wearing panties years ago and I have not had one single yeast infection since.

Have I grossed you out completely? Shhh ... don't tell anyone!

Nicki said...

want a cheap and natural way to get rid of it? here is an article, http://www.ehow.com/how_2302485_find-natural-cures-yeast-infection.html?ref=fuel&utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=ssp&utm_campaign=yssp_art
the yogurt method I swear it works, THANKFULLY I have never had to do it, since I haven't had one in years and years like 2 in my life THANK GOD KNOCK ON WOOD but 2 people I know used it and it worked for them.

Crazy Momma said...

Ok, the panty think is not going to happen at least for the next few days...I am still using the meds.

As for the next time...yogurt, garlic and tea tree in my coochie...interesting. Well, what have a I got to lose, right? Certainly not my dignity. That's already gone.

Heather said...

Yep...they're the WORST. My OB told me about the no panty thing...especially at night. Not right now, but once you're all better. Hang in there!!

Anonymous said...

Stay away from all artificial and HFCS sugars. They feed the yeast. Drink a fuck-ton of water. Take acidophilus bifidus (in the fridge section at whole foods or similar health food store) step away from caffeine for a few days, drink more water... if you are getting them with regularity it could be systemic. You might consider getting off of wheat/gluten/white flour for a few weeks as a detox.

I also used to get them often. I have done all these things and more. Which also includes putting things up there but it sounds like you don't want that advice but maybe now you do? Garlic. Not an entire clove but straight garlic. I've also eaten a roasted clove. That worked very quickly but Hot Damn(!) if I didn't have the most enthusiastic gas, EVER! Okay I’m done at Dr. I think. I hope some of these suggestions help. Good Luck!