Even during these crazy times, we have plenty to be thankful for!
1. I am thankful that Unemployment FINALLY sent out a check to Kirby. Over a month without his income has been tough.
2. I am thankful that spring seems to have FINALLY arrived. It is gorgeous out there today. A and I walked this morning and I didn't even need to wear a jacket.
3. I am thankful that, for the most part, A's homework has been going well and that, most nights, we don't fight too much about it.
4. I am thankful that Z was okay with not signing up for baseball this year. I'm not interested in all that goes with it (the money, the dedication, the tryouts, the small-town coaches and parents).
5. I am incredibly thankful that Nicki and Rich are coming down tomorrow and we get to meet up with them! I haven't seen them since June (although Nicki and I rarely go three days without talking and always have a, seemingly, never-ending game of Scrabble going).
6. I am thankful that we were able to spend A's birthday with my wonderful family. This is the first time all my siblings were together since my niece's homecoming (which is rare for us).
7. I am grateful that my most amazing family got A a new bike for his birthday. This is his first two wheeler (with training wheels). While we have had a few crashes it has not been anything too seriously (at least according to Kirby or myself - if you ask A he will tell you that he needs to "go to the hospital" or we need to "call and ambulance").
8. I am grateful for two new regular clients over the past couple weeks. The economy isn't killing everyone...yet.
9. I am grateful that I was able to spend a little while with the newest addition to the family, baby Marian, at Andrew's party. She sat with me and we played...it was heaven!
10. I am grateful for the two BINGOS I got on Facebook Scrabble this week. Cheesy, you say? My blog - my gratitude! BINGOS are hard to come by - I take every one I can!!
11. I am a little grateful that I am going to get my brows waxed tomorrow. This is only a small amount of gratitude because I HATE doing it but I know if I don't I will look like Beaker with the uni-brow.
12. I am grateful for my "new" laptop. My girlfriend upgraded and gave me her old one and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! I love that I am typing this while I am sitting on my bed waiting for A to go to sleep...
13. I am thankful that Z has made a great friend. I always worry about the friendships he is forming and his socialization (and he's the "normal" kid). He and his friend E have been spending nearly every weekend together and I really like this boy.
What are you thankful for this Thursday?