We have had a few awful weeks. Given what my family has been going through, however, we still have many things to be thankful for.
1. I am grateful that our meeting on Tuesday went as well as could be expected. We are on the road to closure and getting well.
2. I am thankful that Zachary's parent teacher conference went well and I was able to bring home a report card full of threes and only a couple twos (they are graded in numbers 1-4. 4 is more than proficient, 3 is proficient).
3. I am thankful that Zachary was really disappointed about those twos and wants to work harder to get a report card with all threes and fours next quarter.
4. I am grateful for my family who has gone above and beyond the call of duty these past few weeks listening to many of my dramatic phone calls, taking the kids and helping Kirby and I in whatever way they can.
5. I am grateful for my friends who are my chosen family. They have listened to more than their fair share of phone calls these past few weeks. They have emailed and texted and just shown so much support.
6. I am thankful to live in a home that is heated and, mostly, windproof especially these past few days when the wind can go right through you and temperatures are in the 30s BEFORE the windchill is factored in.
7. I am thankful for my two feet that have been getting me to work lately. I have taken up walking to and from work most days and am enjoying the quiet and the exercise that I am getting.
8. I am grateful that my MP3 player survived it's time submerged in a glass of water thanks to Andrew. He was good enough to take the SanDisk out before he did it...I am not so sure that would have survived.
9. I am thankful to the client that gave me a new sweatshirt from her septic company. Andrew loves their trucks (because they have honey bees on them - he calls it a honey truck and thinks it is hysterical every time I remind him it is a POOP truck).
10. I am thankful that Kirby and both have stable employment. Times are tough for many families. We are blessed to have jobs that we can count on everyday. Many others are not as lucky.
11. I am thankful for food in our fridge, pantry and cabinets. Again, many are not as blessed as we are.
12. I am thankful that Kmart is offering layaway this year because we may be blessed and have steady work and food in our home, but money is still tight and I am thankful I can set it all aside and pay a little each week.
13. I am grateful that my children are safe, that they have a home, a loving family, food in their bellies and people who love and care about them every where they go.
Play along, join the gratitude, make a Thursday's Thankful Thirteen and link it over here.